Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Wherein I empathize with animal mothers who eat their young...

Sunday evening Nathaniel said the prayer for our family before the kids went up to bed.  Here's an excerpt:

"And please bless us that we'll have a good week at school and that Dad will have a good week at work and that Mom won't spend all of Dad's money by going to the spa three times a day."

For the record, I have never been to a spa.

Ever.

Let alone three times in one day.

Also, Todd is a notorious cheapskate, but has never said anything about me wasting money, so I know Nathaniel didn't hear it from him.

No, the blessed boy came up with that one all on his own.  And after the prayer when I asked him what that was all about, just kept digging himself into a deeper hole by talking.

And again, I was comforted by the fact that both Benjamin and Caleb knew that he should not have said it in the first place, and CERTAINLY should have stopped talking afterwards!

There's hope for the rest of them.

To Nathaniel's future wife: I'm so sorry. I promise I didn't do it. He's always been like this.

No comments: