Wednesday, November 7, 2012

10 Things Tuesday

I know it's Wednesday, but Tuesday got away from me.

1. In an effort to not listen to so much political stuff, we've lately switched from one beloved NPR station, over to the Classical music station.  Caleb completely schooled me this weekend, by being able to identify the name of the piece and the composer BEFORE it was announced on the radio.  The couple of times, I felt confident enough to weigh in I was wrong (on the song, not the composer) and he was right.  For someone who spent years taking "drop the needle" tests in my many semesters of music history, this is just humiliating.  But, also makes me absurdly proud of Caleb's musical gifts.

2. I voted. Lilyanna stole my sticker and threw it away.  One more kid sick of all things election related.

3. Heading to NJ for the week of Thanksgiving.  I very mixed feelings about this trip.  I am super excited to see friends and family, of course, but sad that I'm going home to a weary storm ravaged NJ. I mentioned on facebook something I heard on NPR about NY/NJ "When the going gets tough, the truly tough get kind."

4. Lilyanna calls Nutella "Butella" and it makes me giggle every single time she says it.

5. I have been practicing piano more lately. Not only does that make me happy, but I find my children come into the room and sit quietly to listen to me play.  My music makes them calm!

6. Nathaniel was cast as the Prince in his school play.  He is a wily strategist. They had auditions and the music teacher mentioned that not a single boy had auditioned for the role of the Prince, so she might have to rewrite the show. Nathaniel realized that the Prince had more lines and less singing (which he prefers) and scheduled a meeting with her to magnanimously offer to take that role (so he wouldn't be stuck in the back of the chorus and would get an actual part). He is smart, that one.

7. Speaking of smart, Nathaniel was advanced up to the 6th grade math class. (He's now two grades above where he started.)  This means that next year, he and Benjamin will be in the same math class.  Benjamin is looking on the bright side of this and counting on Nathaniel for homework help with Algebra.

8. I promised Todd I would fold two loads of laundry today, because he's out of bags to put clean laundry in.

9. I love that he does laundry.

10. The life of my laptop is dwindling. Todd assured me that a nearly 3 year old laptop has lived it's full life.  That seems a little brief to me. I'll see if I can coddle it through until spring.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Ditto for me on the laptop.

Susan said...

Your blog posts always make mw wantt ro comment! This time, three points:
#4. Aawww. That is precious!
#9. The parallels berween our homes continue.
#10. We handed down Sam's SIX year old laptop to Warren this fall when we sent Sam to college with a new one. Talk about living on borrowed time!