Monday, October 6, 2008

Nature or Nurture?

The first weekends of October and April are a general conference for the members of our church. Happily, we can listen to the wonderful talks online. When it was just Todd and I, we would huddle around the computer for the four 2 hour sessions. (I'll do almost anything if it means I get to stay in my pajamas.)

Once our boys were born, we went hi-tech and put the baby monitor to use. So, we have conference streaming on the computer, and then put a baby monitor up to the speakers. The other monitor we take wherever we want to be. Doing dishes, painting outside, in the living room flopped on the couch, etc.

Caleb decided this year that he's going to kick Mack Wilburg out and take over the post as conductor for the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. Dressed as Batman. And conducting a baby monitor. (It does make me think that wings should be the next new thing for the well dressed choral director.)

Makes us proud. Incidentally, the thing he keeps saying is, "People die here!", a quote I stole from the gorgeous Marc, and apparently have been saying more than I realized.


4 comments:

Jen said...

I told brit what the video I was watching was (Caleb conducting the baby monitor... in a batman suit... and saying "people die here"...) And he says "Don't worry, that's not creepy at all."

Emilia said...

Which is why we love Uncle Brit.

Unknown said...

Next time, I'll be more careful with what I'm saying. You never know, who will pick it up and turn it into a performance.

Emilia said...

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, Marc.