Thursday, October 2, 2008

My weirdo


I was singing while playing the piano this morning when Nathaniel came up to stand by me.  I felt all warm and fuzzy that one of my most favorite people was standing with me while I did one of my most favorite things.  I turned at one point to gaze lovingly upon him, and discovered that he was sucking on my hair.   He had picked up a few ends of my long hair and stuck them in his mouth without me realizing what he was doing.  I grabbed my hair back and said something profound like, "Ew, gross!".

  I should have known better, though, because for little boys that is like the ulitmate compliment.  For the next several minutes I had to keep dodging my head around to keep my hair from him while still playing and singing.  I could have simply stood up, or swept my hair up in a knot on my head...but it was  more fun this way.

And besides, who am I to complain?  I bite and lick people with alarming regularity.  

But only if I really like them.

Hm.

"Oh, Nathaniel! Can you come here for a minute?"


3 comments:

Heather Snediker-Morscheck said...

You make me laugh.

heather said...

Emilia, I'd love to share info about the bus routes - but I'm a little slow and can't find your e-mail address. Mine is heatherachristensen@gmail.com. Can you e-mail me and I'll reply? :) Thanks!!

Jessica said...

Ah yes, isn't hair wonderful? Cole likes to brush my hair across his face. He also demands that I take it down when it is in a pony tail.