Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Fierce Day

After dinner, there was more walking and talking and visiting and then Marc arrived at the apartment! Marc is a good friend of Sukhvinder's from her lab days in NYC. I hadn't seen him since Caleb was a baby, so it was fun to have a chance to get to know one another better.

Sukhvinder had to work the next day, so once Marc and I were up and dressed we headed out for a walk. A very long walk as it turned out. We walked two miles down to Ocean Beach and followed the coast all the way to Baker Beach. It was a wonderful time! The weather was perfect and the company sublime. And I'm still speaking in a German accent, because I spent the entire weekend imitating everything Marc said.

These are what's left of the Sutro Baths. I had seen an old painting of them years ago, but didn't realize that's what I was walking all over until after we came back up. There are horrible warning signs all over the place, but they don't keep you out. Which made Marc comment that they should just make the signs universal and say, "People Die Here!" (It sounds even better in a German accent.)
Me standing on the edge of a wall at the edge of a cliff on the edge of the country. I like edges.
Seriously, the hottest clothed man on the beach. Although, the naked ones weren't all that much to look at. It was a chilly day.

No comments: