Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Curriculum Night


While attending curriculum night for 3rd grade, I had the chance to look through Benjamin's math workbook.  There was one page that caught my eye because of all the writing on it.   On it were two lists.

1.  Make a list of things you are sure will happen today.
"I will see my Mom after school.  I will play on the playground.  I will do my homework.  I will drink water."

2.  Make a list of things you are sure will not happen.
"Mom won't surprise me by putting a leopard gecco on the dining room table.  I won't have hip hop class at Footsteps Family Dance Center.  I won't genetically mutate into a dragon."

The dragon thing made me burst out laughing while his teacher was trying to explain the huge standardized test coming up next week.  I stopped laughing and looked at her, still smiling about my funny son.  

She didn't look amused with me.

It wasn't even October, and I'm already in trouble with the teacher.


5 comments:

joan said...

Best to get that kind of thing out of the way early!

Brilliant kid, that Benjabooboo.

Emilia said...

Right up there with Snicklefritz.

Unknown said...

Reading this comment was a great way to start a day. Thank you for taking the time to maintain the blog.

Jessica said...

Don't you just want to peak inside his brain sometimes? Sometimes I'm shocked to realize that although my kids started their existence in my body, they have this whole individually functioning brain in there.

Amanda said...

I love, love, LOVE what kids say in school! This cracked me up. :)