Friday, June 13, 2008

Summer

Have I mentioned how much I love summer?

I love having days that are simply full of possilblity and NO set schedule.

I love seeing my boys enjoy popsicles in the backyard. (NO POPSICLES IN THE HOUSE!!!!)

I love being in water most of the season.

I love camping with my family.

I love spending hours at the library or pool, just because we feel like it.

I love being in my garden and then eating the fruits of my labor.

I don't necessarily love the summer long diet to make it possible to be in my bathing suit for most of the season, but I can wait until winter to have that cake. Are bulky, baggy sweaters making a comeback any time soon?

And with that, we are off to the beach and farmer's market. When we get home, we'll put on our pjs and eat dinner and cuddle on the couch to watch a movie.

LOVE summer.

2 comments:

Anne Marie said...

So glad you are enjoying yourself. I do think boys are much happier when spending lots of time in water.

Eli Bowman said...

Summer's easy to love! Sometimes I think those Egyptians were on to something with this "Sun worshipping" stuff. :)