Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Daytona

We are in Florida right now. The month leading up to this trip people would ask me where in Florida I was going. My answer was always the same, "Um, northeast of Orlando." I only knew the town name. I didn't know what it was near.

So, when we arrived a couple days ago, I realized we are right next to Daytona Beach. Yesterday, while running a few errands with my Mom before she left to go back to Wyoming, we were driving along and this was the exchange:

Me: Wow! That's an enormous stadium! I don't think I've ever seen outdoor seating like that. What do they play there?

Mom: [looking at me with a bemused expression]

Me: And they have huge posters of cars all over the outside. Oh. Is that for NasCar?

Mom: [now smirking at me]

Me: Oh. Right. Daytona. Daytona 500.

Mom: Boy, you put that right together, didn't you?

Sarcasm is strong in my family.

5 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Ha! Hope you're having a fabulous time. Take lots of pics.

Beth said...

Oh come on. You have three boys and a husband. You are saying that never once did Nascar accidentally show up on your television? If so, you are one lucky woman. Hit the beach for me if you can while you're down there.

Emilia said...

We own rabbit ears which pick up three or four channels if you hold them in a contorted yoga like position. Fortunately, I have been spared. Though football is making more of a presence on my Tv than I'm thrilled with.

Beach daily. Life is sweet.

joan said...

Glad to hear all is well.
Pass my affection along to your mother. I loves me some good, wholesome, family-based sarcasm!

ricracsally said...

LOL!! It woulda taken me a minute also.