Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Tag

Wacky, Wild Seven

Marcia tagged me weeks ago for this 7 Things Tag, so I have to tell you 7 wild & wacky things about me. Can there possibly be anything you don't already know about me? We'll go for quirky...I'm not so wild.


1. I shared a queen sized bed with a hot Filipino man all weekend. (He's gay and there was a line of pillows in between us, but still, it's fun to say.)

2. Growing up on the coast as I did, I MUST see the ocean at least once a year. Living in the middle of the country is slightly disconcerting. I feel like I need to see the edge of world every now and then to sooth myself.

3. I am a reformed sign stealer. I specialized in useless signs. I would never steal a stop sign, since that would be dangerous. But the "no horse back riding" sign from a certain park pavilion in WY? Totally mine. My fingers were itchy the whole time I was in England. There lots of great signs I wanted there, but I didn't think I could get them through customs. I'm sorry I stopped before I got one of those blue sign with a white question mark on them that symbolize information on the interstates. If any of you ever run into one, please let me know.

4. I once sang in a bar in Reno, NV when my friend and I were driving from NJ to CA. We needed money for food, so my friend, Liz, walked into the bar and got me the gig. I sang 5 songs and the bartender pulled a $20 out of the cash register. It was very exciting for us, and kept us in bagels for the rest of the trip. (though we did still sleep in the car and bathe in public restrooms.)

5. I don't like breakfast food. I am much more likely to eat dinner leftovers for breakfast than I am to eat a bowl of cereal. I can be swayed with a big unhealthy breakfast, but I can't be bothered to fix one of those most days.

6. I love having people stay at my house. I love the bustle of company and having every meal be a feast of gathering. I love staying up late into the night playing games and laughing and talking with people I love, or people I'm just beginning to know. (We tend to invite pretty much anyone to stay with us. Even if we've never met them and only have a friend in common.)

7. I spent 28 years of my life living right outside of NYC and never once drove into the city. I had no problem taking buses and trains in, or having other people drive me, but my NJ driving chutzpah did not extend across the Hudson River.

Phew.

I tag whoever wants to do it. I hate to pressure anyone into these things. Let me know if you do it, though, since it would be fun to read.

3 comments:

Tricia said...

I drove to the temple in Manhattan a couple of times. It was pretty hair-raising for me!

Jen said...

For all my growing up there, NJ freeways still scare me. Cos if you get on 287 instead of 278, you end up in NYC paying $10 in tolls. (or is it the other way around? I'm so utahrd i can't even remember my highways!!!! AND i wanted to say "the 287" in my head. I'm gonna go kill myself now.)

Anne Marie said...

You are definitely my friend with lots of interesting life stories. You're going to have to write a bio, one to publish, someday. I do hope that we can come visit you someday. Sounds delightful to be your houseguests.