Monday, May 12, 2008

More of my NJ weekend

So, after being ridiculous at the hotel, more friends came down and met us for dinner in Princeton. It's amazing to remember a time of life where I could just decide to wander out my front door and down to Nassau Street for fabulous food and fun adventures. Significant portions of trips to Princeton University used to be spent making new friends and getting phone numbers for future fun times, but this particular Friday night it was fun just to chat with the small group of people I had around me. A chance to catch up, and share hugs, smiles, sadness and life with one another.

Here's me, Mark, and Shari in front of my favorite fountain. This was the fountain that I pushed Todd into on our first "date" after we'd played with sidewalk chalk all evening. I knew that I had to marry him when he turned around and pulled me in with him.




Here are Lindsey and Jonathon who are so much fun and HAD BETTER COME VISIT US IN OHIO NEXT YEAR!!!!


This is a bronze statue of a student reading an economy book. He's been there at least since the 70s. Every time Mark would come to Princeton, he would sit down and have a conversation with his "friend" in the town square.


This is what we look like when we have traipsed all over Princeton and are waiting for ice cream at Thomas Sweet's to renew our spent energy:
We didn't used to look this bad at 11:30 pm, but we are a full decade older....

No comments: