Monday, May 12, 2008

yes, more


Chris Ian had a performance with the National Chorale at Lincoln Center, so he didn't get to us until after midnight. He promptly put on his PJs, and we all cuddled up on the bed talking until 2am. By 6:30am, we were up and decided to go swimming....because what else does one do with only 4 hours of sleep? I think being around friends makes me manic. Here are the boys getting ready. Mark ironed for everyone! I invited him to come and live with me and be my house elf, but he declined.


Dan was playing doctor that morning, and Chris Ian is on a one man mission to bring back the bow-tie! The former roomies are cute as ever:


Anyway, then we headed to our alma mater for a choral rehearsal and luncheon and concert. The day was gray and rainy, but it was lots of fun to see people again. Our group significantly brought down the average age of the group, who was mostly made up of the class of 1958 with a few strays from the 60s and 70s. My new friend from the day is named Hazel and has a 45 year old son. Good times.

Here are my boys and Scott who we also convinced to come sing with us that day. We arrived at rehearsal a few minutes late and when we walked in, he was the only one with non-gray hair. He was understandably relieved at our presence.
Isn't our music hall so beautiful? I love it. This is where I performed every on-campus concert for choir, chorale, orchestra, and my senior recital through my college career.


And here is a group shot. We are joined by Mr. Robert Guarino, voice teacher and choir director when we were in school and still as "Richard Gere hot" as ever, and our dear friend Jeanne K. and her BEAUTIFUL son Christofer. That kid is seriously gorgeous and so well behaved!

Here is the ever popular shot of Chris Ian with our creepy school mascot. It all started one night about 12 years ago in the student center when I said, "What is our mascot, anyway?" and Chris Ian responded "We're the Lions. You know? Roar?" and did this exact pose. We repeat it as often as possible.


Here's Dr. Gorgeous! I mean Dan chillin' in the student center, which is the only building they haven't totally changed in the last 10 years.



Following our performance and earfuls of gossip from Mr. Guarino, we headed out to dinner and then to the infamous Halo Farms in Trenton. It's fairly gross, but it's dang cheap, so there were always ice cream runs to it in college. Usually followed by runs of another sort. Little boys enjoying their ice cream while waiting for me to unlock the door. (There were many times this weekend that I felt as though I had merely traded three little boys at home, for these three big boys in NJ.)

Aren't they so cute?!

No comments: