Saturday, May 24, 2008

Boys of Summer


This picture just makes me happy. Can you say "summer for little boys"?

I snapped it yesterday during Nathaniel's birthday party. He's one of those poor kids born in August who always end up celebrating a birthday while we're on vacation and while all his friends are on vacation, too. So, we did a party now while everyone was still in town and in touch.

We did a fun treasure hunt all over the yard with a piratey theme, but mostly, the boys just played together.

I love it. I love the sounds of the wild and complex story lines they come up with. I love the running all over the house and yard in an attempt to fulfill whatever their imaginations have come up with.

And I love that one of them said, "Hey, what's back there?" and they all climbed up on the fence to check it out.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Little boys are so much fun, and these three are some of the very best. I have to applaud you on your lack of tv/video games... I swear, most of the time introduction of these things into kids' lives leads to an inevitable depressing of the imagination.

Anne Marie said...

What a great idea to celebrate his birthday now. Maybe I'll have to start doing that for Connor and eventually my twins (3 August birthdays, ugh!). That pic is priceless.

heather said...

I love that picture! And I love reading stories about your boys. I admire the fact that you have energy to keep up with them all the time - I hope I can do that with our little guy! :)