Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Geeky/Cool

This all stemmed from a conversation early on in the book group I began with some women in my neighborhood. We joked (as I'm sure many book clubs do) that "what happens at book club stays at book club". I should also mention that at some point, we started referring to ourselves as "The Book Group Broads". (How fabulous are we?! We even have a name. Okay, slightly silly might be putting it more accurately. But we have been amused by it all the same.)

Like most clubs, it was also decided that we needed T-shirts. Someone joked that we should get t-shirts like the Fight Club T-shirts. (You know, with the little pink bar of soap and the fight club rules on the back? rule number one: you don't talk about fight club. rule number two: you don't talk about fight club.) It turns out our idea wasn't so original, because check out what I just ordered for me an' the broads:

2 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Very cool t-shirts. Sounds like a great group to be part of. So are you allowed to talk about what books you read? If so, what have been some of your faves?

Emilia said...

The ones I would recommend to you are "The Magic of Ordinary Days" and "These is My Words". um...I'll get back to you with more suggestions. My brain isn't working right now.