Monday, December 17, 2007

Grinchy Claus

Today was a party for a bunch of the three year olds from church. They played and did crafts and played and made pizza, and played and swapped gifts and played.

When it was finally time to eat pizza, we spread blankets on the floor so they could have a picnic while they watched "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" (THE ORIGINAL!! Remakes need not apply). An entire room full of three years olds was completely captivated while watching the mean old grinch and his reindeer, Max.

The best and well meaning Moms try not to use TV as a babysitter, but there are those moments...

Caleb had a wonderful time. I always have a hard time remembering that he's not a baby any more. He informs me regularly that he's a big boy, but I forget.

Nathaniel came home and started pretending to whip things. (Like the Grinch whips Max.) We had to make a new rule that I never thought I'd ever have to say to my kids. "No whipping your brother!"

I think that one goes right up there with "No playing in the sink hole."

Really, if anyone had told me ten years ago the things that would regularly be coming out of my mouth now, I would not have believed them.

Whipping? Sink holes?! This is my life.

And I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments: