Thursday, November 7, 2013

Misappropriation of my kitchen tools

Today for science Caleb dissected an owl pellet. For those of you who are uninitiated into the world of owl pellets, let me explain.  Owl "pellets" are little regurgitated lumps of bones.  It's like dissecting a furball, but this has rodent bones and fur in it.

For this reason, I wasn't overjoyed with the fact that Caleb grabbed my most favorite cutting board to use for his project.  (Granted he grabbed my least favorite steak knife, so I guess that's okay.)  And I should be grateful for the fact that he grabbed anything and didn't just start doing this on the living room carpet, right?

He found a skull and jaw bones and teeth and a few ribs and shoulder bones.  After carefully separating them all and showing me every one, he then dumped them all in the compost and announced "That was fun! Let's finish history now!".

And my cutting board is awaiting severe sanitizing in the dishwasher at this moment.

I may have a very slight appreciation for my Grandma and her anger at her son who used her pressure cooker to get all the flesh off of a cat skeleton.  It's definitely not on the same level, but I can imagine.

No comments: