Wednesday, October 23, 2013

What I'm Doing Tonight!!

There is a revival of Steven Sondheim's Merrily We Roll Along on London's West End right now! Alas, London is a bit too far, rabid Sondheim fan though I am. However!  Tonight they are showing the revival in a few theaters across the U.S.!  And I'm a rabid enough fan that even though 3 of my kids have scouts tonight and Wednesdays are normally horrific in their business, I have found a babysitter for the girl and one person to shuttle my boys to and another to shuttle them fro, so Todd and I can go watch a movie of a play.

I've seen a few previews, and I've decided that the only thing that might make tonight a little less happy for me is that because it's a bunch of Brits doing American accents they sometimes hang on to that "r" sound in their words a bit more than an actual American might. I'll try to take of my proper diction ears for the night, though, and just enjoy the whole experience!


Here's one of my favorites:


No comments: