Saturday, March 9, 2013

We Know How to Party!

Last night we had a lot of 12 and 13 year old boys and girls at our house for a birthday party. I'm honestly not sure how many there were. The numbers ebbed and flowed all night.  And I don't have a single picture of the event because I was running up and down the stairs "to deal with the food" every 15 minutes [which is a total euphemism for "checking in on the kids to make sure everything was okay, no property was damaged, feelings hurt, and nothing inappropriate was going on"].

It was exhausting, but very nice to realize that Benjamin has a pretty decent group of friends.

Todd was watching The Muppets with the other kids and in charge of Lilyanna's bed time. At one point I came back into the living room to ask him something and was surprised when he was gone. I called for him and was confused when heard him answer nearby. And that's when I found him here:

He claims he wasn't hiding. He claims it was just that he needed to plug in the tablet while he was reading.  I'm not so sure...



Bird said...

Not sure what is more awesome, that there was a wonderful early-teen party, that Todd needed to hide in the corner, or that Todd denied needing to hide in the corner. :)

Mel said...

That's a pretty guilty smile on his face!