Saturday, March 9, 2013

We Know How to Party!

Last night we had a lot of 12 and 13 year old boys and girls at our house for a birthday party. I'm honestly not sure how many there were. The numbers ebbed and flowed all night.  And I don't have a single picture of the event because I was running up and down the stairs "to deal with the food" every 15 minutes [which is a total euphemism for "checking in on the kids to make sure everything was okay, no property was damaged, feelings hurt, and nothing inappropriate was going on"].

It was exhausting, but very nice to realize that Benjamin has a pretty decent group of friends.

Todd was watching The Muppets with the other kids and in charge of Lilyanna's bed time. At one point I came back into the living room to ask him something and was surprised when he was gone. I called for him and was confused when heard him answer nearby. And that's when I found him here:

He claims he wasn't hiding. He claims it was just that he needed to plug in the tablet while he was reading.  I'm not so sure...

;)

2 comments:

Bird said...

Not sure what is more awesome, that there was a wonderful early-teen party, that Todd needed to hide in the corner, or that Todd denied needing to hide in the corner. :)

Mel said...

That's a pretty guilty smile on his face!