Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Do you hear that sound?

It is the universe laughing at my attempts to become permanently infertile.

6 months ago, I had a procedure done. Essure, if you care to know.

Last month I discovered that it had only worked on one side.  (This was not a big surprise, because there were problems on that side during the procedure.  The Doctor was a mess afterwards with apologies and literally said, "I'm so sorry, this has never happened to me before.  I've never had it not work properly."  I admit that I snickered.)

So, tomorrow I go in AGAIN to try to get the still functioning side taken care of.

Throughout all this, I've had to be on the pill for the first time in my life.  With it I have had all sorts of miserable side effects.  Like most of the bad side effects you can get (including my eyes being so dry I can barely wear my contacts for more than an hour or two, and my nose so dry it's been cracked and bleeding inside, etc.  We won't even talk about the weight gain. Ugh.)

So, cross your fingers, say a prayer, do a dance, light a candle, whatever you do, please do it for me that this will all work well tomorrow!

Thanks,
Fertile Myrtle 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish the universe would snicker at a failed vasectomy over here, but no such luck. Good luck working out how to sterilize yourself for good!

Emilia said...

Oh, Esther! If it's any help, I know many a baby born post vasectomy!

And this is my feeling the matter. I believe that God is a God of miracles and if he really needs me to have another child, he's not going to let a silly thing like surgery stand in his way.

It doesn't mean I won't get the silly little surgery, though. ;)

Anne Marie said...

Friend, I wish that I had checked my Google reader earlier. I am just reading about your procedure today. So sorry! I really hope that it all went well. I'll be thinking of you today and wishing for a speedy recovery for you.