Monday, March 23, 2009

Musical Monday

I've decided to continue with Musical Monday until I get bored with it.

Today's selection is "Moses Supposes" from "Singin' in the Rain" which was a movie made about the transition from silent movies to talking pictures. (I do a fabulous impression of 'And I can't stand him.' You should ask me about it.)

This is one of my favorites from the movie. On Saturday afternoon when my two youngest boys were snapping and snarling at one another irritably, I had them climb up on to my bed and snuggle down to watch this with me. Everybody emerged far happier for the experience.

And now I give you the slightly absurd vehicle for a great tap dance routine "Moses Supposes".



That might be my most favorite last line of a song ever.

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!"

6 comments:

Jackie said...

Moses Supposes is one of my favorite scenes of ALL time!

Unknown said...

GREAT pick! One of my favorite movies of all time, that and Into the Woods (the original one). Have a great week!

Jen said...

How did they snuggle on your bed to watch that? You don't have a tv in your room, do you??

Emilia said...

JBB, if you will recall, my dear, I have a laptop. ;)

Did you know about N&E buying a house?! I just found out from him last week!

Carrie Nation said...

our film group is going to watch this movie this summer. when we're ready for another musical. It was Valerie's pick. I own it, of course. Always been a favorite. Always brings a smile.

Jen said...

I just found out from him a few days ago. The house is GORGEOUS, and I'm completely jealous.

PS, we're probably buying a house, too, but we're not anywhere near putting a bid on anything yet.