Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Leisure

This past week, we packed up the car and headed down to Palm Beach, Florida for my brother in law's wedding.

We stopped the first night in Charlotte, NC and were able to visit with some long ago friends from NJ. Even though our children had never met, they all got along swimmingly! After tucking them all away the adults stayed up until midnight to watch election results come in. Despite our different political leanings, everyone was very polite. ( I didn't gloat even once.) Thanks for the hospitality, Seguines!!

We made another stop in Daytona Beach on our way down where our friend Carmella fed us dinner and then we helped her pack boxes. She had people coming that night to load up her moving truck so she could move to California two days later, but she still fed us. What an amazing lady!!

And then we reached our final destination. All I can say is "Wow". Seriously. Wow. We were staying in a condo right across the street from the Ritz-Carlton. The hotel came in and built right in front of the condos, so everyone who lives there gets to use the hotel amenities as payback.


I would just like to say that I am totally good with this arrangement. I mean, it's really tough having someone rush in to spread five towels over your chaise lounge and making sure that the umbrella is just the way you want it. Oh, and someone has to eat and drink all of the yummies that the deliciously tanned boys walk around serving all day. And it would be a shame if those gorgeous salt water pools right next to the ocean went to waste! Somebody has to lounge in them, right?! Don't you worry. My family and I did our level best to make sure that it was all done. No need to thank us. We were happy to make the sacrifice.
Nathaniel and Caleb having fun with "Grampy", who looks way too young in this picture to be a Grandpa at all. Let alone a Grandpa seven times over.


Todd and Caleb relaxing on their "Pirate Ship" until Uncle Brit and Nathaniel came to attack!
Caleb completely understands the life of leisure. He didn't have any problems adjusting to having several members of the staff assist him with his every need. That's MY kid.


Todd would sing the tune of "Brown Eyed Girl" to the words "You my bug-eyed girl" every time he saw me in my sunglasses. If he weren't so endearing, I'd slap him.

Benjamin showing off the latest hole in his mouth. Apparently, my kids only know how to lose teeth while on vacation.


2 comments:

Tricia said...

It looks so lovely. I'm glad you had a great trip (and please come again)!

P.S. Thanks for not gloating. ;)

Katey said...

Thank you Emilia...Your blog makes the laugh and smile and remember what REALLY matters in this world.I needed all of that today. And I know that you go to all this trouble JUST to set ME straight.
PS. After hearing Todd sing I am personally arranging a burial for the Tim shirt and I don't care how comfortable it is! Hugs, Katey