Saturday, September 20, 2008

WE HAVE POWER!!!

And it only took six days.

After much rejoicing, our boys ran down to the basement to watch "Empire Strikes Back".  And I came to check in on the cyber world.

But now I'm done.  I should go do something resposible, like run the dishwasher.

First I'd like to highlight things I've learned this week:

-We were very popular thanks to our gas stove and outdoor firepit.

-We were not as popular as the people with generators.

-glow sticks are the best nightlights.

-In future, I will make less freezer jam and tomato sauce, and can more so we're not quite so reliant on our big freezer.

-I really need to buy a car charger for my cell phone.  

-We may live in the best neighborhood ever. 

Thanks to everyone who helped out during this fun experience.

1 comment:

Anne Marie said...

So impressed you were able to turn a negative experience into a positive one. And so glad you have power again!