Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Water Babies

I love water. Swimming makes me all sorts of happy. Happily my children have inherited that tendency. Yesterday at the pool there were all these wonderful moments that I have to write down so I don't forget them.

1) Benjamin doesn't look for me to watch him every single time he does something anymore. It made me a little sad as I tried to get his attention to tell him what a great job he was doing with his swimming. But at 8 years old, he's starting to figure out that he's his own person independent of me.

2) Nathaniel after years of temper tantrums PUT HIS WHOLE FACE IN THE WATER ALL BY HIMSELF!!!!! He loved swimming before, just not putting his face in. But yesterday he had a pair of goggles and it was a whole new world for him. He was holding his breath for the first time ever and having a great time spying on people's feet.

3) Caleb was very excited to show me how he could sit on the bottom of the pool. He is by far my most adventurous child in the water. No swimming lessons and barely 4 and jumping in the pool to sit on the floor and then swim up is VERY impressive to me.

No pics from yesterday, but here are some from the beach a couple weeks ago that made me laugh.

Happy as a clam.


"Be one with the sand."

For a kid who hated everything about the beach for the first 4 years of life, he's come along nicely. ;)
My construction crew standing in what they referred to as "Lake Smith". There was a whole lot o' Smith, but not so much lake.

1 comment:

Anne Marie said...

Love the pics from the beach, especially the one of Nathaniel. your Caleb is a total daredevil.