Saturday, July 5, 2008

Shameless Plugs

The last two weeks have been full of commerce in the Smith house. While I was in FL, Todd ordered a couple new T-shirts for me from Threadless.com

If you haven't checked out their website, I highly recommend it. You can submit T-shirt designs, users vote on the designs and then there is a limited number of T's made for sale. If they're out of one, you can vote to have it reprinted. It's literally voting with your dollars and helping out artists at the same time. Anyway, these were the T's he got me:

Other than having people stare at my chest and then follow it up by bursting into laughter, I'm loving my new tees.

My next consumer-ish purchase was this:

This little beauty has my kids excited about vacuuming!!! I repeat: MY KIDS ARE EXCITED TO VACUUM!!!! They have fights over who gets to vacuum the stairs! It's small enough that even my 4 year old can easily navigate the stick vacuum portion of it to quickly vacuum the hard surface floors or area rugs, and the dustbuster portion easily comes out for spot cleaning. It doesn't replace my real vacuum for the wall to wall carpet in the basement, but it's great for quick, small jobs that my kids can do. LOVE IT!

And my last consumer-ish thing is this:
These are sliced, freeze dried strawberries like you get in boxes of cereal these days. $20/number 10 can, which is the cheapest I've ever found them. They are yummy on cereal, or just for snacking, and they don't have any icky colors or preservatives which makes the Momma Bear very happy. I ordered a case of 6 cans from emergencyessentials.com They are great for food storage, but they will also be wonderful for camping and hiking oh, and did I mention just snacking by the handful right out of the can when my kids aren't looking?! mmmmm.

4 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Those t-shirts are awesome. Love the haiku one. I'm going to have to order those strawberries...sounds like a great addition to food storage.

Jen said...

Ok, that website is awesome. Except now i feel the urge to spend lots of money on fairly useless t-shirts. Argh.

Anne Marie said...

I laughed so hard about the "portal" idea. Thanks!

Emilia said...

T-shirts are never useless!!! Especially when you make a t-shirt quilt out of them when you realize you have too many...only to realize when you are done that you don't have any t-shirts left to wear anymore. So you need to buy more. See, not useless. An investment in your future. ;)