Friday, March 28, 2008

Photos

Seriously, is there some sort of cosmic law that dictates that all official photos must turn out badly? My college ID is the only one I don't hate. I look stoned in it, but other than that it looks fine and it made me blend in with the rest of my fellow underclassmen.

I had to go to BMV (Bureau of Motor Vehicles) today to get a new license. Unlike every other time, I at least remembered to first brush my hair and put on a little chapstick. And also unlike every other time, the woman behind the camera didn't tentatively say, "Um, are you sure? We can take it again." Yes, my pictures are THAT bad.

I had a drivers license in college that cut off the bottom of my chin, giving me a weird King Tut like appearance. It is still a source of humor for the people who saw it then.

My passport photo from ten years ago was another one where people said, "Um, really? This is the picture you want to use?"

I've learned to live with it. Just not gracefully. Harrumph!

3 comments:

Anne Marie said...

I hate getting pics for driver's licenses, hate 'em, hate 'em.

Beth said...

I am sorry, but no one can have a license picture as bad as Doug's last one. He looked like he was on some serious drugs. His hair was a lot longer and he had rolled out of bed, put a hat on and walked over the the BMV. The lady then informed him that he had to remove his hat. His hair was sticking up everywhere and the bags under his eyes didn't help things any. They wouldn't let him wear his hat and they wouldn't let him leave to comb his hair, so he was stuck. Everytime he pulled out his license people would seriously have to stop themselves from laughing. He was quite relieved when it expired and he got a new one.

Trish said...

I have always found that over smiling works for me in these situations. The rest I have no control over!