Monday, March 24, 2008

Birthday

Today is my 32nd birthday.

That used to sound really old. It no longer feels old, though. Probably because I spent my 20s being thoroughly exhausted. College, teaching, wedding, pregnancy, birthing, nursing babies, and generally being chronically sleep deprived thanks to children did not lead to feeling young and carefree. Now that my boys are old enough to sleep through the night and don't hang on me all the time and I get regular exercise, I'm feeling pretty good. So, I'm good with my thirties.

Other bonuses for being 32:
-I don't have to get my heart rate quite as high for it to be considered a good work out.

-And I'm another year closer to being old enough to be a Red Hat member. Yes, I adore those ladies who lunch in purple feather boas and red hats. I'm going to start my own chapter when I turn 50, because the leader gets to be "the Queen Mother" (Sorry, John, baby. I'm stealing your title!). Who doesn't wanna be known by that title?!

My in-laws and parents were here to celebrate and I received lots of well wishes from friends and family that I don't get to regularly speak with. Thank you everyone for making it a special day.

5 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Happy Birthday, friend!!! Sending you a big hug on your day.

Beth said...

Happy Happy Birthday. I had no idea. Of course if I ever paid attention to the RS newsletters or birthday emails then I might have let that information seep into my little brain. But alas, that is not the case. Anyway, may you have a fabulous birthday week (becuase if a birthday only lasts for one day then you're just not doing it right).

Tricia said...

Have a very happy day! I agree...as the kids get older, I feel a cloud lifting! Yay for 30-somethings!

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday! I agree that when you've jam packed your twenties those birthdays in your thirties really don't seem like a big deal. After all, you sort of get to have that feeling of things settling in. I turned 30 last August and I'm really hoping that this decade will be a quieter, gentler one.

Heather A said...

Hope your birthday was great! You are such fun to talk to. I will miss having you as a visiting teacher when I move!