Friday, March 7, 2008

Eight.

It's great to be 8. Or so Benjamin tells me. He celebrated his day by taking 2 dozen OSU colored cupcakes to school. (He's been properly brainwashed here in Buckeye country.) It was also the class "read in" today. So he had to take in a pillow and blanket. They had a couple hours of sacking out on the floor of their classroom reading books. For Benjamin, it was a perfect way to spend a birthday day.

Tonight after dinner, Benjamin was too excited about presents to go straight to cake. Todd had made a wonderful scavenger hunt for Benjamin to find clues and eventually presents. The clues followed a story that unfolded with each new piece of paper found. Todd pitched every one just right for the 8 year old boy sense of humor. My boys had all sorts of fun scurrying around the house trying to unravel the clue hidden within the story. I loved the noise and laughter of everyone happy and working towards a common goal.

I still can't believe that I have an eight year old. When did I get old enough for that?

And here is the birthday boy and his birthday pastries!

3 comments:

Tricia said...

I can't believe that's the kid I visited in the hospital when he was born and babysat while you went to the temple dedication (and Courtney kicked while she was inside of me).

We are not old. We are not old.
(Repeat as needed.)

Beth said...

Happy Birthday Benjamin! What a clever way to go about finding presents. Maybe I will get some pointers for Dillon's birthday. By the way, I totally respect Benjamin's dessert choice. Excellent job. I am drooling at the sight of the pastries.

Jen said...

I'm really glad Todd is perpetuating that tradition. I hope I can convince Brit to do so. You really should post the clues on here, if you still have them. That would be fun.

And, Happy Birthday Benjamin! I love you!