Saturday, March 8, 2008

Birthday Clues

This was the story that Todd wrote for Benjamin's scavenger hunt to find his birthday presents. Can you figure out where he had to go for the next clue?

Clue #1:"Once upon a time there was an 8 year old boy named Benjamin. He had giant potatoes growing in his ears, which sometimes made it hard for him to hear. For instance, one time he thought his father said, "I think my shoes are underneath my bread."

Clue #2:"One day Benjamin was confused because his father was talking about needing to go into a room for doing addition or subtraction. I think I would be confused, too!"

Clue #3: "Just yesterday, Benjamin and his friends were playing tag in the house. (His Mom wasn't very happy about it.)
'What's base?' Benjamin asked.
He was perplexed when they told him the base was his Claude's it!
'But I didn't ask who's it!' Benjamin grumbled. 'How come no one ever listens carefully?'"

Clue #4: Another time, Benjamin asked his mother if she had seen his Calvin and Hobbes book.
'I think it's on the toffee cable,' he thought she said.
Benjamin was so confused. 'What's a toffee cable?' he asked his mother.
His mother chuckled and said, 'Who do you think I am, Runny Babbit?!'"

No comments: