Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Crushes-the married years

You can guess from my topic what the weather is outside. I don't want to talk about it. It's been one of those crazy busy days, but I have 20 minutes while dinner is in the oven and before we have to leave for tap class. So, here is the next installment of the crushes series.

1) Hugh Grant. Really he belongs in the college years, but somehow I forgot him. Sorry, Hugh. The way you fumble simple sentences with your British accent and blue eyes looking so helpless, leaves us all a little powerless in your wake.



2) My other Hugh. Todd refers to Tuesday night as my "date with Hugh". I love Hugh Laurie as Dr. Gregory House. I loved him in the British sketch show "A Bit of Fry and Laurie" and I love him as the ridiculous Bertie Wooster of "Jeeves and Wooster". And wasn't he delightful in "Sense and Sensibility"? (Admit it: most of you didn't even remember that he was in that movie!) He's an actor, a published author, and an amazing musician.
3) Orlando Bloom. As an elf, not as a pirate. Long blond hair, pointy ears, at one with nature. I wonder if he plays the guitar? Here's one of him with Vigo. (who doesn't do much for me but I'm hoping the mere sight of him will make Anne Marie blush!)

4) And while we're discussing dark hair dyed blond, let us discuss James Marsters, shall we? He was my favorite boy in Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Also plays the guitar and sings (and I haven't seen much that makes him in any other way likable, but I'm all for suspension of disbelief with regards to actors).




5) Topher Grace. Thank you, Beth, for reminding me of this one. He is simply adorable.


6) And the final one is Todd Smith. (Todd joked that he wouldn't let me publish this list if he weren't listed as my favorite guy.) Todd should technically be included in my high school crushes since that's when I fell head over heels "in like" with him. Every now and then I get a glimpse of him when he makes a certain face or grins in a certain way, and I see for a moment that wonderful 15 year old face that I first adored. He, too, is tall, skinny, musical, and has dark floppy hair. But mostly, he loves me. And he appreciates (finally! Teenage boys can be SO very vacant!) that I love him. He is immeasurably patient with me and my bizarreness and crassness and other idiosyncrasies, and I couldn't have imagined a better father to our children. So, all my crushes in all of their hormonal lustiness really amount to absolutely nothing. Because here is a real man and he's all mine...and he takes out the trash!

4 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Yes, you did succeed in making me blush, friend. I'm with you on Hugh Grant. And I still smile when I think of all our plotting as 14-year olds with our M.A.N. talk. To think you really did become Mrs. Smith.

Tricia said...

Good list. I like Hugh Grant and Topher Grace. I also have a thing for Phil Keoghan.

Beth said...

FABULOUS!! I loved it. I now feel complete.

Jen said...

I adore topher grace. Especially in that "Win a Date" movie.