Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Alphabet of life

My friend, Anne Marie, tagged me last week, but with the excitement of the blizzard I nearly forgot!


Tag: ABC's of my life

A: Attached or single? Attached

B: Best friend? Todd (awwwww)

C: Cake or pie? Depends. Who made it? If it is homemade pie with a homemade crust (made with butter or lard, NOT shortening!) and fresh fruit filling (NEVER from a can!), then pie. Otherwise, a good cake. Mmm...like the 7 layer cake from that bakery in Raritan, NJ. No frosting with shortening. (Shortening tastes soapy to me. Blech!)

D: Day? Any day that is lovely for gardening or riding bikes.

E: Essential Item? Burt's Bees lip balms. Assorted flavors. (You never know what flavor will match your mood....am I feeling pomegranate or honey or mint today?)

F: Favorite Color? Blue. But lack of sun has me infatuated with a warm golden color at the moment. Conversation from last night while we were deciding what color or combination of colors to paint the dining room:

Me: Will you think I'm horribly unadventurous if I say I only want that one?

Todd: No, but you realize it's almost exactly the same color as the living room, right?

Me: No it's not! They are in the same family-similar, but not the same. This one is clearly more orange.

Todd: Every time we have to pick a color, you pick the same color.

Me: It's because you moved me to this sunless place! I'm trying to bathe the inside of our house with a warm golden feeling because the sun isn't around to do it for me!

Todd: Yes, dear.

G: Gum or mints? Gum

H: Home Town? Branchburg

I: Indulgences? Books written by Meg Cabot. I read everything she writes. They are like mental cotton candy, but they make me laugh out loud.

J: January or July? July.

K: Kids? 3 boys.

L: Life is incomplete without? Books

M: Mexican or Italian food? Italian...if it's good Italian. Otherwise, Mexican. I'm not as snobby about Mexican food.

N: Number of siblings? 2 sisters and 1 brother.

O: One word that describes you? Gregarious...except when I'm not.

P: Phobia? I'm not telling. If I write it down, I'll start obsessing and then I won't be able to sleep tonight.

Q: Quote? "Mix a little foolishness with your prudence: it's good to be silly at the right moment." -Horace

R: Reason to smile? My children. My husband. Sunlight filtering through new green leaves. Tulips.

S: Season? Fall. Crunchy leaves are my favorite.

T: Tag? Anyone who wants to take a few minutes.

U: Unknown fact about you? My hiccups can be instantly cured by Todd when he says, "Emilia, we're moving back to Provo." It has worked every single time for the last 8.5 years. The thought of living in Provo scares the hiccups right out of me.

V: Vegetable you love? I'm a little obsessed with artichoke hearts at the moment. But that may not last. Tomatoes are my real favorite...though I suppose they are technically a fruit. (I can eat them like apples!) Um, baby spinach.

W: Worst Habit? Telling my children to "hang on a second" so i can finish reading a page or a chapter in whatever book I currently have my nose in.

X: X-ray or Ultrasound? Ultrasound. I've seen babies, and hearts and livers. It's just cool because its alive.

Y: Your favorite food? Cheese. At the moment, it's a tie between queso fresco and parrano. Who will win?!

Z: Zodiac Sign? Aries.



1 comment:

Anne Marie said...

Thank you. I loved your cure for hiccups.