Thursday, February 7, 2008

I'm sick of being sick.

Last Tuesday I woke up and said, "Oh. I'm going to have a fever today." Later that day I had a fever and bronchitis. (The bronchitis had been coming on for a few days.) The fever lasted until Sunday and was then replaced by the stomach virus that all three of my children managed to contract while I was sick with a fever. (Life is unfair. Nobody should have to clean up vomit while fevered.) My children of course are all better, but now Todd's sick, too. We are something of a pitiful sight, he and I, huddled in our respective blankets.

So, now it is Thursday. I have gone 9 days feeling yucky. I am pretty much back to normal except food still makes me sick. So, I can go through my normal routine but it requires napping. Here's my schedule:

wake up, teach seminary, get Benjamin fed and off to school
try to eat, three bites later give up
take nap while other boys watch tv
wake up, wash a few dishes, try to eat food, feed boys, take them to school
come home and nap
wake up pick up all three boys from school
come home, help with homework, try not to get sick at the thought of making dinner
try to eat dinner, send kids to bed, take a nap
fold laundry, go to bed

I like food. I like eating. I remember that food can taste good. So this whole not being able to eat thing completely sucks. I can't even bring myself to complain too loudly that my children have started eating honey-nut cheerios with chocolate soy milk for breakfast. I'm just so grateful that they can forage for themselves. What's a few extra teaspoons of sugar here and there?

I'm sick of sick.

1 comment:

Anne Marie said...

This sounds miserable! Hope you're finally feeling better.