With this in mind, I've assembled some guidelines for when it is okay to interrupt Mom in the shower.
1. Blood. If anyone is bleeding in a way that can't be stopped by a band-aid, you may knock on the door.
2. Animal bites. (they don't always draw blood.) It must be a wild or rabid animal, though. All other animal bites can wait until after. Unless rule 1 applies.
3. If Publisher's Clearing House is standing at the front door with a check for me, you may knock on the door.
4. If one of my crushes is standing at the front door, you may knock on the door. You may even jimmy the lock on the door.
5. If Dad somehow gets himself arrested and uses his one phone call to call me while I'm in the shower, I will come to the phone. And then I will deal with him later.