Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Nathaniel's Pocket Poem

Nathaniel brought home what looked like a pants pocket made out of paper and colored blue. This was the poem on it:

"I Have a Little Poem"

I have a little poem
In the pocket of my jeans.
When I am feeling lonely,
All I have to do, it seems...
Is take my little poem
And read it through and through.
It cheers me up day or night,
It never makes me blue.
I have a little poem
IN my pocket, all the time.
When I'm feeling lonely,
I read my little rhyme.

-Susan Kilpatrick

This was the poem inside said pocket:

"Celery"'

Celery, raw
Develops the jaw,
But celery, stewed,
Is more quietly chewed.

-Ogden Nash

2 comments:

Carrie Nation said...

I love Ogden Nash! Thanks for reminding me.

Beth said...

I was wondering what Nathaniel's poem was. I love it. Here's the poem Kelsey chose:

The Guppy by Ogden Nash

Whales have calves,
Cats have kittens,
Bears have cubs,
Bats have bittens,
Swans have cygnets,
Seals have puppies,
But guppies just have little guppies.