Monday, April 27, 2009

Musical Monday

This week's Musical Monday is dedicated to Marc who is going to enjoy not only hours of opera this week, but days. (He is so hard core.) That's right, folks, it's Ring Cycle week at the Met!

This video is how most of we American children were introduced to Wagner's music and operas, and frankly many of us still have difficulty hearing "Ride of the Valkyries" without hearing "kill da wabbit" in our heads.

So, gather the kids around and enjoy!

What's Opera Doc?

(Apologies for linking, but youtube disabled the embed code. Boo Hiss!)

1 comment:

Carrie Nation said...

A favorite in my family as well! My cuz (who does not sing Wagner, thank goodness, but did sing with the Met for a number of years) always cites this cartoon as his first introduction to opera.

On a side-note, I think the only place where I would willingly sit through the entire Ring Cycle would be at Bayreuth. That I would gladly do. I'd also like to experience some Wagner at Neuschwannstein...