Monday, November 17, 2008

Musical Monday

It is snowing here.

I enjoy winter.  I really do.  It's not my favorite, but it has it's charms.  However, I have decided that I need to take a few preemptive measures to ensure that I can stay happy and upbeat throughout the long, sunless months ahead.  (Did you catch all the clever music references in that sentence?) 

I hereby declare today and every future Monday to be "Musical Monday"!  Because, honestly, how can you not feel smiley inside when people are singing and dancing around in front of you?

This first selection is "I'll Cover You" from the movie version of "Rent".  Todd and I briefly considered it as our wedding song, but went with something a little more traditional instead.  ("I Could Write a Book")

As for this song, it makes me happy, if not a little nostalgiac for NYC.  And check out what that guy can do in heels!!  Truly Amazing.




2 comments:

Eli Bowman said...

I love both versions of this song...especially the one at the end of the show.

joan said...

Love the song, but just looking at those shoes made my ankle hurt. Better go get an icepack.