Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Big Day

The weekend has arrived. This Saturday I will be climbing the half dome.

Hopefully. ;) I did a ten mile hike last weekend and felt really good afterwards, so I'm feeling a little less nervous about this upcoming adventure...except for the part where we have to scale a granite wall for 500 feet. That I'm still plenty nervous about.

Thank you to everyone who has been so supportive of me while I trained and all who have offered to help watch/transport my children for the next couple of days while I'm gone.

I seriously could not have even thought about doing this without all of you.


5 comments:

Anne Marie said...

That looks amazing. Good luck, friend. So excited to hear about it.

Heather Snediker-Morscheck said...

You go show that mountain who's the boss. Give it a good, solid kick for me.

Trish said...

GO GET EM!!! And I know you can hike 13.1 so you are good to go!!

Ryan and Julianne said...

Holy cow...that looks really really steep. I didn't know you were training to do that...uhhh, and to show my naievety (sp?) -- where is it?

Anyway, good luck!

Emilia said...

That's the Half Dome in Yosemite. 14 miles on a granite stair master. My feet are killing me. ;)