Sunday, August 17, 2008

Smithy Updates

I'll get back to blogging about the ridiculously long trip cross country later. For now there are a few updates in the Smith house.

Every time poor Todd goes to the tupperware cabinet after dinner to look for a container to put leftovers in for his lunch the next day we can hear the following sounds from the dining room. "Ahhhhh!" [Crash, tumble, crash, shove, slam!] That's because until a few days ago, the cabinet looked like this:
It's funny how being away from home can change your perspective on things. This suddenly became unacceptable to me. So as of a few days ago, it looks like this:
Also, while we were away, my garden made THESE!!!:
Isn't that awesome?! This is the second year we have grown black beans. We let them dry on the vine and then I cook them up right away. Black beans are Nathaniel's favorite, so it's particularly exciting. Benjamin and Caleb willingly and happily harvested all of these for me yesterday. It was pretty fabulous.

Also while we were gone we received a wedding invitation to my littlest bro-in-law's wedding. It's black tie. Which means my hubby and boys will be trussed up in these:
And I'll be wearing this:
Okay. I won't be wearing this. I have no idea what I'll be wearing. I have lots of pretty Diva dresses from my college days, but they're either velvet (which somehow doesn't seem right for WPB, FL) or a bit lower cut than I'm willing to wear these days.

Gosh it's so sad to have to go dress shopping.

And shoe shopping.

And accessory shopping.

I'm really broken up over it. Can you tell? ;)

And last but not even close to least, I am in training to do this at the end of September:
That's it for now.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Impressive...black beans, organized tupperware cabinet, giant mountain...whew.

Jen said...

*sad sigh* I wish we could go dress shopping together. That would be lots of fun.

I'm still trying to decide whether I'm making my husband wear a tux...

Anne Marie said...

That cabinet looks fantastic. Home-grown black beans...awesome. What exactly are you training to do?

Heather Snediker-Morscheck said...

Do you need matchy-matcherson tuxes for the boys, because Isaac and Adam wore tuxes to a wedding in December. I am sure they will fit 2 of your guys. Let me know if you need them. They would need a good dry-cleaning, but are otherwise perfect.

Heather

Emilia said...

!!!!! Heather, that would be AWESOME!!

Jen, clearly you need to fly out and we'll shop together. Or I can just shop for you... Or we can just both call my friend Mark who outfitted me in Diva dresses all through college and make him shop for the both of us.

Annekin, I am hiking to the Half Dome in Yosemite National Park. The hike is between 14 and 17 miles long depending on where we start. It starts at 4000 ft and ends up on top of that rock in the picture at 8000 feet. Todd is insisting that I either where a harness and tether myself to the cables while climbing up the rock, or he was taking out another life insurance policy on me. I suggested he price compare and get back to me. ;)