Friday, July 18, 2008

O Mio Pepino Caro!!

I have tried to grow cucumbers in my garden EVERY year that we have been here. They have never made it past the seedling stage.

UNTIL THIS YEAR!!!!

There are vines everywhere and today when I finally peeked underneath the viney canopy, I saw several cucumbers growing there!! They're already about 6 inches long!

I would like you to try and picture the moment:

Me: rainbow tie die shirt, jeans, bare feet, hair down and unbrushed.

My children and their friends: bathing suits, running through the sprinkler

My next door neighbor: an engineer who works from home...usually his back yard

Now you need to remember this song:



(Note: O Mio Babbino Caro, actually means "my dear Daddy". What Daddy is going to let his daughter out of the house in THAT dress?!)

Okay, do you have it all pictured?

I saw the little cucumbers and immediately burst into singing in a VERY loud and VERY operatic voice, "O Mio Pepino Caro". Which literally means, yes, "My Dear Cucumber".

I wonder what it says about me that neither my boys nor my neighbor even looked at me during this outburst...

No comments: