Monday, May 12, 2008

Last one, I swear

And this is where I spent Sunday.



I've mentioned my need to see the edge of the world now that I live in the middle of the country. Sunday afternoon, I was able to sit alone on the beach with my scriptures and plan my seminary lessons for the week. If I could plan every lesson in the warm sand like that, I think I could find it within myself to teach a third year. It was a perfect end to my weekend.

A lot of people have mentioned that they think it's unusual that I'm still so close with my college friends. They are like family for me. I don't know if it's a function of being adopted and therefore hyper aware of the fact that families can be created, or if it's just because I was at school so far from family, so they became family. Whatever the case, I love them and their families and they love me and mine. It's so nice to know that we can all still pick up the phone and start just where we left off last time we were together. I have been referring to Jeanne, Mark, Dan, and Chris Ian as "le coterie" for over a decade, because they were the people that I went to first. They've been aware and/or involved in every major part of my life since we were 18 years old. And now I have Shari, too! I have been so richly blessed with such wonderful people to love and be loved by, and I can't imagine how bleak life would be without them.

Love you guys!

2 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Looks like a beautiful spot to relax and enjoy the sun. You're lucky to have such good friends.

Emilia said...

I AM blessed to have such good friends. And fortunately, I am not limited to wonderful ones from college. ;) Love you, Annekin! (And your adorable crush on Viggo!)