Thursday, April 17, 2008

Who?

I wanted to introduce you all to my new crushes.

I am presently addicted to the latest Doctor Who series. I blame everyone who ever recommended it to me. But these addictions yield greater amounts of laundry folding, so they're not all bad. (I feel guilty watching TV, when there's so much to do. So, I always fold laundry while watching. Movies are sometimes exempted from this rule.) As a result, I have two new crushes. Christopher Eccleston played the Doctor in the first season. He totally captured the deep and lonely responsibility thing while still being disarmingly silly.



I confess much bitterness when he left the show and was replaced by David Tennant. I don't get searing loneliness from David, but he gets the silly, compassionate, and curious part right. And you have to like a guy with the sense of humor to wear this shirt:


2 comments:

Jen said...

Seeeee?? I knew you'd love him. And I guess I'm more a fan of cute-and-loveable than dark-and-brooding. He wore PAPER 3D GLASSES!!!

But maybe you haven't gotten there yet...

Anne Marie said...

I'll have to give Dr. Who a try.