Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Jelly Donuts

WHY? James Stevenson

Why is it...
While other people
Are thinking about all kinds of
Important things...
I am thinking about
What it would be like
To jump barefoot
Into an open box
Of jelly doughnuts?

We actually decided to put this to the test last year after reading the poem. I bought a big box of day old Jelly donuts for us to jump into. Good times at Family Home Evening. I look awful in the video (remember that post about being un-photogenic?) but other than that it's fun!


5 comments:

Jen said...

Actually, you looked quite lovely.

Have i mentioned that i miss my nephews lately? You should post more videos. I love watching them.

Marcia Mickelson said...

Krispy Kremes? Were those Krispy Kremes? At least get the cheap ones. Just kidding. Your boys are so cute.

Emilia said...

They were day old Krispy Kremes. And jelly donuts, which are never good.

Anne Marie said...

I was laughing soooooooo hard!!! Thanks for sharing that. And it was so good to hear your voice and see you in the video (what do you mean you're not photogenics?). That poem is absolutely brilliant. James Stevenson is one of our favorite kid authors.

Jessica said...

That really evokes an image for me. I can feel my feet sinking into the jelly...Mmmmm.