Monday, March 17, 2008

It's All Who You Know

At every single play that I've gone to see since we moved out here to Ohio, I scour the playbill to see if there is anyone I know in the traveling company since I have a few friends in that profession. I was beyond thrilled then when I found out that my friend, Chris-Ian, is going to be performing "H.M.S. Pinafore" with The New York Gilbert and Sullivan Players at the Southern Theater in Columbus in April!!!

This is me and Chris-Ian sleepy in Princeton last Spring. Aren't we cute?

Anyway, so Benjamin had received tickets to see "Annie" as a birthday present. The blizzard canceled that performance, but even before that happened, he asked if he could get a refund so he could go see King Tut perform! (Benjamin first saw Chris-Ian perform the roll of King Tut in NYC for a touring children's show and the image seems to have stuck in his mind.) Then he asked if we could wait by the stage door afterwards to get Chris-Ian's autograph. Apparently, we have raised a theater geek.

But, the most exciting part is that Chris-Ian is going to fly out a day early and stay with us before the show! And then (like we needed any more excitement?!) he promised us comp tickets!!! Really, I didn't know he could do that! It totally made Todd's day. Gilbert & Sullivan + Chris-Ian + Free = Hooray!!!

Here's a picture of me and Chris-Ian last spring at what is to become my annual sleepover party in NJ. There aren't even words to describe what a character this guy is:



"We are the Lions. Roar!"- Chris-Ian's impersonation of our college mascot.


Life would be miserable without good friends, wouldn't it?

1 comment:

Anne Marie said...

Very exciting that you have a good friend in showbiz. I can't remember the last play I went to...been too long.