Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Best Make-out Songs and Albums

First of all, does anyone ever say "make-out" any more? I don't hear it so much...then again, it's not the likely topic of conversation at cub scout meetings or the preschool playground. Or if it is, then I am clearly talking to the wrong people.

I have cast the net far and wide searching for people's picks. Here are a few:

1."Coceau Twins: High recommended---especially the HEAVEN OR LAS VEGAS album.i'm fond of albums with a good, strong bass beat, not necessarily a romantic message or feeling so i'm particularly fond of Delerium, Conjure One, and Jem
Center of the Sun is a particular favorite by them
add delerium too, they're similar
very trance-like
Chimera
is the album
and touched is the song i like best" - a snarky newlywed girl in Provo, UT

2. "Weird Al -- You don't love me anymore" - a single 30 something guy friend in Mountain View, CA (I suggested that his taste in make out music might have something to do with his single status)

3. "I like Disintegration by the Cure." - a college friend in Princeton, NJ...also single, but having less to do with her taste in music.

4. "Bandwagonesque- best make out album EVER!" - my first "true" love...when he was 18 and 19. I have no idea what his choice is now. I didn't agree at the time, but I just listened to this album again, and I might have to agree that it is an excellent option. Except for track 2. Songs titled "Satan" just don't do it for me.

5. "Let's Get it On by Barry White." - a married guy in High Point, NJ. If you ask me, this is the most cliched answer of the bunch, but other people like it, so whatever.

6. "Light My Fire by the Doors. It long and kinda slow, but with a good beat. It is the perfect song."- My husband with whom, I should mention, I have never made out with to this song. Though I have experienced the Doors in general with other guys.


Now, my picks!

1. Miles Davis Album "Kind of Blue"
2. Joni Mitchell Album "Blue"
3. Yes
4. Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe, especially "The Meeting"...this could be argued as the same as Yes, but it's not.
5. "Somebody" by Depeche Mode...this one began in High School and lasted all the way through college. It is a song that I associated with my husband when I was 14 years old (he wasn't my husband then, no worries!) and still smile and think of him when I hear it.

So, darlings, what are your picks?

3 comments:

Esther said...

Ravel's Bolero. A favorite of my husband's. Go figure. (Actually not too hard to figure out!)

Beth said...

I say that just about any song can be a make out song if the mood is right. Who's to say ACDC can't fit right in there with Barry White?

Jessica said...

My favorite make-out song is Wicked Game by Chris Isaak. That is probably pretty cliched too.