Friday, January 4, 2008

Nice picture, right?

Caleb likes scary things.

Should I be concerned that my three year old when asked about his choice of vacation spots, only wants to go to scary places? I suggested seeing some of the ice caves in Hocking Hills and he said, "No. Let's go to Mexico to find El Chupacabra." (That's what the picture is, btw.)

I suggested we go up to Lake Erie and see the enormous ice formations. He asked if we could go to Zombie Island instead. (An imaginary place, if you must know. But something he heard about on Scooby-Doo. We had to show him that Google Earth could find no such place, so we couldn't go there.)

I countered with a suggestion that we go see some spooky tunnels leftover from an old Coke factory. He said, "Um, actually, let's go to Kokomo." Sadly, the muppets covered that particular Beach Boys song. I didn't have the heart to tell him that it's an imaginary island. And the actual Kokomo is a town in Indiana, Missouri, Arkansas, Colorado, Texas, and...wait....there's one in Hawaii?!! Ooooo!

Caleb. Brilliant with the vacation planning.

No comments: